Sunday, March 4, 2012

Does the latest microsoft security update prevent Yahoo's mail service from working?

Yahoo mail will not respond when I attempt to log into it and the MS security update is the only thing that happened to my machine prior to being unable to get access to Ymail.Does the latest microsoft security update prevent Yahoo's mail service from working?
I have Vista and windows does an update about every 2 weeks and never affects my access to my mail. It just did it this past Wednesday. You have some other reason not being able to get to the mail. You can remove any updates that you want. Control panel, double click Security Center, then on the side panel click Windows Update, then click View Updates. There you can remove any updates. Then it will let you know if that is the problem. You need to restart the computer after.Does the latest microsoft security update prevent Yahoo's mail service from working?
I don't know because after downloading this latest update from Microsoft I wasn't able to get that far. I use XP Home Edition and when I rebooted after the download all kinds of crazy things happened. When I'd click on an icon the icon would disappear and the program would not open. My McAfee security program did not automatically open (first time that ever happened). Then the mouse wouldn't work. I finally had to power off and power on and restart in Safe Mode. I ended up having to do a system restore to the previous day, after which everything went back to normal, except that I had to do an exceptionally long update to the McAfee anti-virus program. It seemed that all my previous McAfee updates had been wiped out by this Microsoft update! Needless to say I did not attempt to download the Microsoft update again. It seems that Microsoft's cures, at least in my case, are worse than the potential problems. I'm going to use Mozilla Firefox from now on as my Internet browser. Microsoft's Internet Explorer seems to have too many problems and vulnerabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment