Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Which is the best free e-mail service?

I want to make a new e-mail account, one where I can log into on everything, every device, everywhere.

The only ones I can register on my iPod is;

Microsoft Exchange

MobileMe

Google Mail

Yahoo! Mail

AOL



I don't want any e-mail service which you have to pay for.

I know MobileMe is cost effective so ignore that one, but which one of those 4 is the easiest, simple, fast and has the best security?Which is the best free e-mail service?
I've used Yahoo Mail since 2002 and also signed up for Google Mail when it came up, but I got to say, over the years Yahoo just kept getting better and better! To this day my two main email address I use are all on Yahoo Mail.



Some comparison of Gmail and Yahoo Mail:



Gmail:

7GB of space and climbing

Good spam filter

Choice of backgrounds on PC

Nice chat option to your contacts in PC

Handy contacts list on the left pane of window



Yahoo Mail:

Unlimited space forever

Good spam filter

Choice of colour theme on PC

"Yahoo Messenger for the Web" allow you to chat to your friends on both Yahoo Messenger and MSN in your browser, no download

Very simple and clear interface, and you can even create folders to organise your emails. Easy access to your contacts list and your journal, whenever an important date in your journal is near Yahoo Mail will notice you



Since Yahoo Mail's space is already unlimited, you can keep all the emails you want! Also I find Yahoo reliable and fast. I personally recommend it.
Gmail, hands down the winner. You can access it from any mobile device, any browser, POP3, and IMAP. It's user friendly, has the best spam filtering of any of them, and provides just over 7GB of storage at the moment...and climbing. It also integrates a calendar and documents programs that work great across multiple systems and browsers. It's really a full package deal.



Yahoo is a distant 2nd, the interface is clunky on many browsers, and the ads can be intrusive. The spam filtering isn't up to par, and security is a bit lacking. The only benefit is possibly unlimited storage, but 7GB is a whole lot, and it's counting up every day.



The MS Exchange interface is excellent, but you need a server for that, and it's far from free.



MobileMe...it's a pay service



AOL...No, just NO!Which is the best free e-mail service?
I'm not just saying it because I personally use it or it's on your list, it is just great! Try Google Mail, it's great! I signed up to it to try it out and I've had it for about 8 months and I don't want switch to anything else. It's so versatile! You can use it anywhere and the best mobile device that it's good on is the iPod touch and iPhone. So yeah get Google Mail, it's great!
Don't go for Yahoo. The reason is that you have an answers account . That means that one day some geek in Yahoo can delete your whole account , that is everything not just answers . Then you are up the creek . They done it to me and I only use Yahoo for answers now . I use google mail and MSN and other accounts but never again would I go with Yahoo. You just imagine what aggro there is if they delete everything .Which is the best free e-mail service?
I recommend Google Mail, it has never failed me. I've been using it since it was in Beta and I've never had any troubles with it, I'm a bit skeptical about the others.



In general, I find that Google makes the best free products available anywhere, the only thing I know that they didn't do right was their Answers service, which is why Y!A is better.



So go with Gmail ;)
I have Yahoo, G-mail and AOL. G-mail is my favorite because unlike the others, I don't see any ads which is super awesome. It's fast and more secure than the others, in my opinion.
I find that Yahoo works good with everything, fast and reliable =)
even tho we are on yahoo answers ha i have to recommend Google mail. I believe its the most secure
Yahoo
yahoo! mail.
go for yahoo out of them
msn
Gmail
Gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment